Wednesday 16 September 2009

some limbo ramblings

Well, it's about a week since I wrote the first post and nothing much has happened adoptionwise, other than some lovely comments (thanks Ali, Goose, Mamumi!!) about the first post. We had our medicals a fortnight ago and were pronounced basically fit and healthy, although, as I mentioned before I have a feeling that my BMI will get mentioned at some point during home study! Unfortunately the one thing the medicals did do was leave the bank balance less healthy. Yes folks, one of the downsides of going with a VA is that you have to pay for your adoption medicals - £80 each, and of course dearest Flash conveniently forgot his chequebook when he went so I had to cough up! But then, it's a good investment when you look at the journey ahead and relatively cheap compared to the other expenses involved with child rearing!

Had a not so good week with the diet this week. Just couldn't stick to Ryvita and OD'd on Tiger bread - something I normally don't have a problem ignoring. Add in a couple of takeaways and even 6 hours of gardening and a round of golf at the weekend wasn't going to make a difference at the scales. So a pound on this week and trying to ignore the box of choccies in my desk that I was given today.

My sister is organising a fund raiser for the Willow foundation in November and so has asked me to sell some cards again. I started making them as a hobby and sell them for charity now in order to decrease the pile at home. Flash reckons I ought to put up prices and try to make some profit, but that would change the emphasis and mean I would have to start doing stuff that other people like, rather than what I like. He thinks I should be getting something for my effort. I have tried explaining to him that you don't get a return on money spent on beer (one of his hobbies - not to excess any sw's lurking!!) so why should I expect a return on mine? I will try to upload some piccies of my work when I get more handy with this blog business.

Babysat for my sis at the weekend and yes, you've guessed it - "when is he coming home?" Nephew has firmly decided his cousin will be a boy and will like football and haribo (not necessarily in that order!)

I think I will try to update weekly unless anything exciting happens in the meantime.

TTFN

Lindy

No comments:

Post a Comment