Monday 21 September 2009

The Monday after the weekend before

We hosted a small party for Flip on Saturday as a belated 18th - we were on holiday for the actual day. Only 4 close friends over, so nothing too difficult to handle we thought. I cooked them meatballs with spaghetti, and pizza, so a sort of italian theme but purely accidental. I had said to Flip that I was happy for them to have alcohol so long as they steered clear of the spirits and I was in charge of doling it out. Why did I think that him agreeing would mean they would stick to it? So there was only the one vomiting episode (out of the bedroom window onto the grass so at least easy to clear up) and the toilet stayed unblocked. But I have decided that my son definitely takes after my ex, his father, in being a belligerent know it all when drunk. Kept telling me he wasn't drunk whilst weaving along as he walked. Didn't have a hangover except he hardly said a word all day Sunday and hardly ate anything either, cheering up by about 10pm Sunday. I don't think that he realises that you don't have to feel sick and have a headache to be hungover! Ah the joys of youth. So he was most upset when I wouldn't let him out on his moped until late Sunday afternoon to ensure maximum clearance of alcohol from his system. But on the whole it was a fun evening, and I am so glad he decided to keep it small!

Packers lost this weekend, to the Bengals - I ask you!!

1 comment: